What I Ate In Bali

Bali is very popular destination because of it´s beautiful beaches, but I´m a foodie. I can spend time on the beach only with full stomach. Let me tell you a secret....I have a fork and spoon in my bag ready all the time.

Orchid Butter
The most amazing butter
Pineapple MarmeladeOur first food in Bali was KFC. We arrived late at night and nothing else was available. Next day we went grocery shopping. Plan was to buy something for breakfast but I ended up buying stuff which was very unusual for me - The Curious European. I was amazed by green toast bread or turquoise Pepsi. Prices of Indonesian goods were great on the other hand everything what did not come from Bali was quite expensive.

We bought some bread and pineapple jam along with my favorite thing - orchid butter. I have never tasted better butter then this! So if you have a chance to try it - Go for it. My fellow traveler was scared and she spend basically 7 days eating water melons. She regretted it and other 7 days finally tried all kind of food that Bali offers.

Sate Ayam
Sate Ayam
Chop Chai
Chop Chai in Waroeng de Dusung

Waroend
Waroeng
It is not recommended to eat street food and we had to be careful. No one wanted to spend the rest of the vacation on toilet. Places to go and eat are called Waroeng. We found couple of them and believe it or not you can have a meal for 1 - 2 Euros. And not just ordinary meal.
Indonesian Soup
Indonesian Soup
Fried Prawns
Prawns
I am a lover of Asian cuisine and eating in Bali was great experience and kind of like a heaven. First I have tasted Chop Chai, which is rice with vegetables and mushrooms, I did not want to go home. It would be sin if you do not try any of juices. It is not juice as we know it here, it is basically blended fruit. And oh God there is plenty of fruit in Bali. 

Guys were adventures and they have tried everything possible. Their most favorite meal was Sate Ayam. Chicken with rice and addictive slightly spicy peanut sauce.

Freshly cut pineapple

You will be offered a pineapple on the beach, cut in a way which is easy to eat  We tried to do it ourselves and it is easy. Since then we do not eat pineapple any other way.
Fruit selection in local market
Fruit selection in local market


Make sure you try any fruit possible. Bananas are eatable when skin turns black. Only fruit I did not like was Snake skin. I guess it was not my cup of tea.
On the other hand I was obsessed with grilled corn. I ate it everywhere and any time. Six in the row? No problem for me! I spent a fortune on buying corn.

 Our last meal was a dinner on the beach with candles. To be honest I really did not want to know what I was eating. It was romantic and tasted good and of course I had a corn afterwards.


Last thing I have to mention is Kopi Luwak. The most expensive coffee in the world. In Bali you can try it on a farm or buy a package which is really cheap. Just do not forget it is a coffee beans pooped by an animal. 
Corn Stand
Corn Stand on the beach
Dinner on the beach
Our Last Supper











   
I hope you enjoyed  my post. Let me know in comments what you liked in Bali and feel free to share with your friends.
Dinner On the beach
Dinner On The Beach
Kopi Luwak
The most expensive coffee in a world



















Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

Barbettezene is Mystery and History lover with passion for paranormal activities and interesting facts from the past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment